Vitro’s Glassware Subsidiary Secures Syndicated Bank Facility of US$75 million

Vitrocrisa Comercial, S. de R.L. de C.V. announced today that it has secured a credit facility in an aggregate principal amount of US$75 million, refinancing approximately 90% of its debt through the transaction.

Vitrocrisa Comercial is a joint venture between Vitro, S.A. de C.V., which holds a 51% stake and Libbey Inc., which holds the remaining 49%. The syndicated loan comprises two tranches. Tranche A consists of a US$42 million, 5-year term loan and a US$10 million, 3-year committed revolving line of credit. Tranche B consists of a US$23 million, 3-year term loan. Vitrocrisa Comercial used most of the proceeds of the facility to pay down short-term maturities, extending the average life of its debt from 1 year in December 31st, 2003 to 3 years on a pro-forma basis. “Through this transaction, Vitro refinanced close to 40% of its non-revolving bank debt due in 2004, following up on its strategy to proactively seek refinancing alternatives and improve its debt profile.” said Alvaro Rodriguez, Vitro´s Chief Financial Officer. The facility was led by Bank of Montreal and Banamex, and included as participants Standard Federal Bank, HSBC Mexico, the Bank of Nova Scotia, and Comerica Bank. HSBC also acted as collateral agent.

600450 Vitro’s Glassware Subsidiary Secures Syndicated Bank Facility of US$75 million glassonweb.com

See more news about:

Others also read

The glass sector has the increasingly widespread requirement of having an unlimited catalogue of parametric shapes and creating new ones in a simple way without being an expert in the field.
Shoaib Akhtar is going to be back on Indian TV screens. He is going to be featured in the new TV ad campaign for Asahi Glass.
Glass Confusion is starting the New Year with Beginning Fused Glass group classes. The three-week course will be held Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Worldwide glass-substrate capacity is expected to continue to grow more than 40% each quarter through 2005, as a result of capacity expansion by existing glass-substrate suppliers and new companies joining the market, according to DisplaySearch.
Western Pennsylvania’s once-thriving glassmaking industry is dwindling, as did the domestic steel industry and for many of the same reasons: competition and cost.
Architects Robert and Esteve Terradas of Barcelona describe the city’s newly-renovated and expanded (45,000 m2) Science Museum (completed September 2004) as "a living museum that will set new standards in terms of transparency - a very modern construction that will enable the plants and animals inside to really live and breathe." The project was made possible by the use of an innovative grade of DuPont™ SentryGlas© Plus™ structural interlayer that is "UV-breathable, on the flat roof of an Amazonian rainforest exhibit".The UV-breathable 938 m2 laminated glass roof is rectangular in shape.

Add new comment