PT / 1:00 p.m. ET
This webinar qualifies for 1 LU/HSW/SD Hour
Registration: No registration required. This webinar has limited seating with entry first come/first served. Please save the event to your calendar using the "Save to Calendar" button and access the included link on the day of the event prior to the start time.
Aluminum has often been the material of choice for architectural framing systems such as storefronts, curtain walls and window and door systems. Aluminum has performance and structural limitations however, and many innovative architectural designs now favor the use of steel framing systems.
Learn how architects are using modern steel curtain wall systems to achieve larger spans of glass and minimal frame dimensions to maximize the capture of natural light in their designs.
- Gain an understanding of the history of curtain wall in building design
- Identify the advantages of steel in modern curtain wall systems
- Identify different types of steel curtain wall systems
- Learn how steel curtain wall systems can be used to maximize natural light in buildings while allowing design creativity
- Learn how steel curtain wall impacts LEED® certification
Tysen Gannon LEED AP,
Curtain Wall Manager, Technical Glass Products