LOGO Solutia Logo. (PRNewsFoto/Solutia Inc.) ST. LOUIS, MO UNITED STATES
ST. LOUIS, Oct. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Solutia Inc. (NYSE: SOA), manufacturer of the Vanceva® Color System by Saflex® for laminated glass, announced today that entries are now being accepted for the second Solutia World of Color Awards™ Inspired by Vanceva. The international design awards program is designed to honor architects, interior designers, glass fabricators, furniture designers, glazing contractors, engineers and other industry professionals for their innovative use of colored laminated safety glass in building design and interior spaces around the world. Entries may be uploaded at www.worldofcolorawards.com.
"Entries from all over the globe poured in for the 2010 competition, and the breadth and scope of the work was breathtaking," says Aimee Davis, global marketing communications manager for Solutia. "We experienced color and glass in ways we never dreamed of. As we open this year's competition, we encourage the profession to visit the World of Color Awards website to enjoy some of the work that was submitted last year."
The Vanceva Color System by Saflex offers architects and designers unparalleled creative freedom to incorporate color into glass and glazing systems using tinted interlayers, which are laminated in between two pieces of glass. A palette of 16 colors can be combined in up to four layers to produce more than 3,000 transparent, translucent and opaque glass colors. This gives designers unmatched flexibility to create custom colors and one-of-a-kind aesthetics. Vanceva color interlayers also offer all the benefits of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayers for laminated safety glass, including security, solar, sound insulation and UV protection.
The Solutia World of Color Awards competition is an international recognition program open to all industry professionals. All entries must include liberal use of Vanceva color interlayer products. Following are key competition dates and information:
- Design and architectural projects must have been completed between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2011 to be considered for this competition.
- Entry Deadline – Submissions will close on March 16, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- All entries must include the liberal use of Vanceva® laminated color glass products.
- When submitting a nomination, please include a descriptive overview explaining the inspiration and vision for the project.
- Include detailed photography of the glazing used in the project, as well as several additional photos that portray the overall scope of the project. Interior and exterior views are preferred, if possible.
- Design studio sketches, drawings and renderings that help communicate the location, form and function of the glazing in the overall design are also strongly encouraged.
- Winners will be determined by a jury panel made up of leaders from the international architectural and design industry.
- No entry fees are required.
- Nominating a project can be done electronically. Simply visit www.worldofcolorawards.com to submit photographs and brief background information for each project.
- Multiple entries will be accepted.
- Entrants must agree to provide photography rights for public relations purposes.
- Winners will receive a glass display award and recognition in all media relations efforts associated with the competition.
Solutia's Saflex® and Vanceva® brand PVB interlayers are the most trusted name in PVB interlayer technology for laminated glazing, delivering outstanding performance and durability, backed by reliable and knowledgeable service. As a result, it is found in nearly 40 percent of laminated architectural and automotive glass worldwide. Saflex interlayers are also used to encapsulate thin film photovoltaic solar cells, providing outstanding processability and durability.
Notes to Editor: © SOLUTIA and Radiance Logo, SAFLEX, VANCEVA and WORLD OF COLOR AWARDS all other trademarks listed below are trademarks of Solutia Inc. and/or its affiliates. As used herein, ® denotes registered trademark status in the U.S. only.
Solutia is a market-leading performance materials and specialty chemicals company. The company focuses on providing solutions for a better life through a range of products, including: Saflex® polyvinyl butyral interlayers for glass lamination and for photovoltaic module encapsulation and VISTASOLAR® ethylene vinyl acetate films for photovoltaic module encapsulation; LLumar®, Vista™, EnerLogic® FormulaOne®, Gila®, V-KOOL®, Huper Optik®, IQue™, Sun-X™ and Nanolux™ aftermarket performance films for automotive and architectural applications; Flexvue™ advanced film component solutions for solar and electronic technologies; and technical specialties products including Crystex® insoluble sulfur, Santoflex® PPD antidegradants, Therminol® heat transfer fluids and Skydrol® aviation hydraulic fluids. Solutia's businesses are world leaders in each of their market segments. With its headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, the company operates globally with approximately 3,300 employees in more than 50 worldwide locations. More information is available at www.Solutia.com.
SOURCE Solutia Inc.
Back to top