Rollmac has made good use of its experience summed up in other industrial sectors to develop a total brand new machine, completely different from what till now available on the market.
Years of research and development efforts by leading companies have meant to face and successfully solve the sheets enamelling and design printing in continuous operation.
With Starglass it's possible to easily enamel any kind of float glass on the market, with sheet thicknesses from 1 mm to 19 mm.
A special rubber roller, laser engraved, is available for the enamelling of sheets not perfectly levelled, i.e. with depressions and swellings.
Thanks to a wide choice of rollers with different engravings, the user can finally deposit on the glass an uniform and constant enamel quantity, from 15 to 450 g/sqm.
The Starglass system guarantees the perfect application homogeneity on sheets with minimum dimensions (15 x 15 mm) till up to very big (2.500 x 6.000 mm).
The machine is made up of two elements, the main machine and the introduction belt mounted on rails.
The Starglass features advanced design solutions for a vibration-free operation and qualitatively constant in time:
- the machine has a monolithic framework in electro-welded steel for an exceptional torsional stiffness,
- the oscillating colour blades are made by an extremely rigid structure to allow a vibration free operation. The blades are pneumatically driven with an uniform and precise movement in order to avoid their grinding due to their uneven wearing out and for their automatic smooth positioning at the cylinder change,
- the belt pulling group is set on the rear return cylinder, in order to drive the conveyor belt by pulling it on the upper side,
- the engraved cylinders are mounted on a revolving support, liftable by means of pneumatic pistons for their quick change,
The geometry of the conveyor belt, made up with a special rubber, oils and solvents resistant, assures a perfect alignment and a constant planarity.
Its replacement is easy and rapid since the whole group of the conveyor belt/inside cylinders is extracted frontally by means of the supplied equipment.
Great attention has been paid in the machine ergonomy and ease of use. The smaller number of mechanisms and moving parts guarantees reduced maintenance, a lower consumption of wear & tear parts and need for spare parts.
The electrical panel, mounted inside the machine shoulder, is provided with inverter for the A/C motors. On the operator panel all the machine commands and displays are located. The centesimal adjustment of working thickness is motorized with digital control.
Starglass can be inserted in automatic enamelling lines.
1. Reverse engraved cylinder
Enamelling and varnishing
2. Syncro engraved cylinder