Customizable components include:
* Unusual shapes, sizes and mull configurations
* Broad choice of finishes, including patinas and one-of-a-kind hues
* Full range of wood species, including Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) wood options
* Extensive selection of glass choices, including high-performance and decorative glass, true divided lites (TDLs) and performance divided lites (PDLs)
* Wide variety of hardware, as well as trim options, screens and more
Innovative, Expansive, Impressive
Kolbe continues to break the innovation barrier. During IBS 2012, a four-unit wall will display Kolbe's Ultra Series Direct Set windows with exterior aluminum cladding shown in four different colors and three profiles -- ogee, beveled and casement. The wall units will include multiple interior wood species -- recycled heartpine, bamboo, makore and red cedar -- plus other customized details.
A custom Ultra Series Folding Window System also will be shown. More than 8-feet-wide, it will feature four panels with exteriors clad in recycled aluminum and finished in a Gingersnap color. Kolbe's Folding Windows will use ogee casing with double pane insulating glass with LoE3-366 coating. Fir with a chestnut stain will be on the interior, along with hardware in matte black and a recessed sill. The special-request Folding Windows System complements Kolbe's Folding Door Systems' expansive openings.
More of Kolbe's impressive entrances on display at IBS include:
* Two contemporary-designed Ultra Series doors configured with asymmetrical panels that each contain four lites of frosted glass; a boldly-finished custom red, aluminum exterior; and a white oak interior with ebony stain;
* A copper clad exterior entrance with marbled black oxide patina, historically-styled glass, bronze finish hardware and casement sidelites -- courtesy of Kolbe's subsidiary company, Point Five Windows & Doors;
* A five-panel pocketing TerraSpan® lift and slide unit with aluminum exterior finished in a Green Tea Leaf color, an interior of alder wood with a red wheat stain, rustic umber hardware, a recessed sill with black anodized finish, glass with LoE2-270 coating, and a Phantom® electric, retractable screen; and
* An Ultra Series 10-foot-tall outswing door with a one- piece, 12-inch bottom rail and decorative, glass lite with a palm tree design created using PDLs.
Great Looks with Less Labor
When time is of the essence and aesthetic compromise is nonnegotiable, Kolbe's "Square Out/Half Circle In" Ultra Series Sterling window unit simulates the appearance of a true segment head. "This approach achieves the same great look, and saves time on the installation," explains Bremer.
The model shown at IBS features a maple interior, an aluminum exterior finished in a Sand color, and glass with LoE2-270 coating. The top sash has PDLs that creates eight "lites." Rustic umber hardware and a retractable screen also are used.
Energy Efficient, Environmentally Friendly
"Beyond the visually-striking, architectural detailing, Kolbe's products are crafted with exceptional attention to quality. Our windows and doors are manufactured with high performance, reliable operation and longevity in mind," notes Bremer.
The Ultra Series product lines displayed at IBS feature exteriors clad in low-maintenance, extruded aluminum containing recycled content. The outer, metal surfaces may be finished in environmentally friendly, durable coatings and a broad palette of colors. For the interior, a range of sustainably harvested wood species can be chosen for trim, such as those certified by the FSC. Kolbe products' environmental attributes also support projects pursuing green goals including ENERGY STAR®, Green Globes™ and the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED® Rating System™.
Online Tools 24/7/365
Kolbe's Architect Library and online resources can help simplify the research and specifying process. For example, design teams can easily communicate and visually customize many Ultra Series product dimensions and functionality using Kolbe's 3D Revit® building information models (BIM). In addition to BIM tools, Kolbe's website offers 2-D drawings; air, water, structural and thermal reports; warranties, installation and maintenance information, and online videos to demonstrate product operation and performance testing.
Learn more about Kolbe products at www.kolbe-kolbe.com and visit in-person with Kolbe representatives at booth W3729 during the International Builders' Show in Orlando, Feb. 8-11, 2012.