To help architects efficiently connect the puzzle pieces of design and performance, Guardian Industries announces a new, accredited American Institute of Architects Continuing Education System (AIA/CES) course, "Principles of Glass Selection for Facades: From Rendering to Reality".
This interactive program discusses the foundations of the glass selection process and explores the aesthetic options available to meet project design and performance requirements. In addition, there is a special focus on understanding the variety of performance coatings and customized glass fabrication options. The primary learning objectives include:
- Understanding the key criteria in selecting glass types and how those choices can influence the building's aesthetic condition and what tradeoffs canbe considered between performance and design criteria.
- How glass samples should be viewed to gain the most accurate impression of appearance.
- Examining the variety of glass types and sputter-coated low-E productsin the market and how each differ in appearance and performance.
- Exploring a variety of fabrication techniques that provideadditional glass customization and code compliance – including lamination, silkscreen, and spandrel applications.
- Reviewing completed projects and recognizing how particular glass typeswere selected and how they met the designers’ intent.
Guardian brings more than 75 years of glass expertise to this course, having created a vast array of coated glass designed specifically for commercial applications through its SunGuard Advanced Architectural Glass products.
Architects completing this course earn one AIA/CES learning unit, including one hour of health, safety and welfare credit and a one-hour sustainable design credit toward maintaining AIA membership.
A registered AIA/CES program provider, Guardian Industries helps design professionals keep up with the latest innovations in products and technology. Related Guardian AIA/CES programs include:
- LEED and High Performance Glass
- The Evolution of Glass and High-Performance Coatings
- The Use of Laminated Glass in Architectural Design
Register for the free class or learn more by visiting SunGuard AIA/CES Registered Training and Education Programs.
About Guardian Industries Corp.:
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass, fabricated glass products, fiberglass insulation and other building materials for commercial, residential and automotive applications. Its automotive trim group, SRG Global Inc., is one of the world’s largest suppliers of advanced, high value coatings on plastics. Through its Science & Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation including development of high performance glass coatings and other advanced products. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Visit www.guardian.com.
SunGuard is a registered trademark of Guardian Industries Corp.