GlasWeld’s marketing team entered four projects for consideration in the Advertising Federation of Central Oregon’s annual competition and took home three awards.
- A Silver ADDY was given for a sales promotion video entitled “Save a window. Save a teacher.” The video features a fun chalk drawing storyline as an introductory presentation for a school district administrator conference in Southern California.
- A Silver ADDY was also awarded to GlasWeld for an internet commercial entitled “Gforce2 Glass Scratch Removal Kit” which combined stop-motion photography and video footage to promote the company’s new scratch removal product.
- A Bronze ADDY was given for an internet commercial featuring the company’s ecoVac product which was part of a comprehensive multi-media marketing campaign featuring a glass repair technician named Ed Kovac and the new economical ecoVac windshield repair injector.
Scott Blondheim, Director of Digital Learning, and Lori Patch, Marketing Director collaborated on the projects to develop the final products. “We are so proud of the work that we produce in our in-house marketing department,” stated Patch. “We have learned to be very creative and continue to assure our marketing efforts include an element of fun as well as utilizing techniques that keep us on the cutting edge.”
“I was stunned to learn that we had won. Winning was not our intent when we created these spots. We just wanted to show people that we have great products and we do our best to show that in each and every one of our projects,” explained Blondheim.
The Drake Awards is an annual event hosted by the Advertising Federation of Central Oregon, AAF District XI where the best marketing and advertising work is reviewed by a nationally award winning panel of judges from across the country. The 2011 Drake Awards were judged by Anne McFadden, Creative Director Emeritus from Brunner in Pittsburgh, Jay Roth, Senior Copywriter for The Integer Group in Denver, and Pat Horn, Associate Creative Director/Art Director at Creature in Seattle. For more information, visit www.adfedco.org.
Links to GlasWeld’s ADDY Winning Work
- Silver ADDY, Sales Promotion, Audio Visual/Sales Presentation –Save a Window. Save a Teacher.
- Silver ADDY, Interactive Media, Online Internet Commercials –Gforce2 Glass Scratch Removal Kit
- Bronze ADDY, Interactive Media, Online Internet Commercials –ecoVac. economical. ecological. windshield repair.
Based in Bend, Oregon, GlasWeld provides complete glass repair solutions—from revolutionary equipment to unparalleled training programs and technical support—for both flat glass and auto glass to consulting and contracting services. The company’s Gforce™ Glass Scratch Removal System, G3fusion™ and ecoVac™ Windshield Repair Kits, and Gclear™ Headlight Restoration Kits are distributed worldwide through an international distribution network. GlasWeld’s product lines have been developed based on decades of industry research, development and customer feedback. Because glass repair is intrinsically sustainable, GlasWeld is Dedicated to Preservation™ and has integrated creative, tangible environmental initiatives into its daily operations. For more information, visit www.glasweld.com or call 800-321-2597.