The GGF exhibited at the show to support its Members who were visiting and exhibiting at the world’s largest glass and glazing industry event. Nigel Rees, GGF Group Chief Executive commented, “As expected, it was a very busy exhibition and we were pleased not only to provide a base for our Members where they met potential clients, but also to develop new and existing relationships with the broader industry.”Steve Rice, GGF Director of Glazing added. “As expected it was a great show and one which will undoubtedly increase the awareness of the GGF and its work.It was particularly good to see so many GGF Members take advantage of the facilities and hospitality we provided.”
With 1,217 exhibitors and over 43,000 trade visitors, Glasstec 2014 attracted specialists from the fields of mechanical engineering, glass manufacturing, -processing and -finishing, crafts, architecture/construction as well as glazing/façades and the solar sector. Glasstec has released some interesting statistics on the show;
- Over 96% of the visitors give the world’s most important trade fair in the glass sector a positive overall rating.
- They also rated their visit in terms of achieving their goals at the trade fair just as high.
- 40% of visitors came to the event with specific intentions to invest which in turn is likely to create positive impulses for the exhibitors in the coming months.
- The proportion of attendees from middle and top management again improved. Over three quarters of the visitors were from these levels.
- The proportion of the visitors coming to Düsseldorf from abroad reached about 60%.
Nigel Rees summarized, “It was a busy week at Glasstec but a worthwhile one. We’ll now follow up the many enquiries we received from visitors to the GGF Stand and conduct a full review of the show. Then we can start making plans for Glasstec 2016.”