Conducted by the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), the IDEAS2 recognize outstanding achievements in engineering and architecture on steel-framed building projects."Arial">The award recognizes the importance of teamwork, coordination and collaboration in fostering successful U.S. construction projects.
The award-winning buildings:
- Battle Creek Area Mathematics and Science Center, Battle Creek, Mich., designed by Tower Pinkster, featuring SunGuard SNR 43 and SuperNeutral 68. The glass was fabricated by Guardian Select Fabricators Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope and Thompson I.G., and installed by Guardian Glazier Connection Member Architectural Glass & Metals Inc.
- Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum, East Lansing, Mich., designed by Zaha Hadid Architects and Integrated Design Solutions, featuring Guardian Europe’s Super Neutral 70/41. Fabricated by BGT, installed by Josef Gartner and Calvin & Company, Inc.
- Krishna P. Singh Center for Nanotechnology, Philadelphia, designed by WEISS/MANFREDI, featuring SunGuard AG 50. Fabricated by Guardian Select Fabricator JE Berkowitz, LP; installed by National Glass.
- One World Trade Center, New York, designed by Skidmore Owings and Merrill, featuring Guardian UltraWhite. Fabricated by Viracon.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Federal Center South Building 1202, Seattle, designed by ZGF Architects LLP, featuring SunGuard SuperNeutral 62. Fabricated by Guardian Select Fabricator Nortwestern Industries Inc., installed by Walters & Wolf.
“At Guardian we understand the importance of the building team and support them in creating superior architectural projects,” said Chris Dolan, Director of Marketing, North America Flat Glass for Guardian Industries. “We are excited that our high performance glass was part of these award-winning projects and congratulate the winners on exceptional design and execution.”
The Guardian SunGuard product line for commercial applications offers excellent solar control and a wide variety of colors and performance levels. SunGuard products provide innovative, leading solutions for appearance, economics and energy efficiency, and are available through an international network of Guardian certified Select Fabricators.
According to the ASIC, the 12 winners came from more than 100 entries judged on use of structural steel. They were evaluated on such components as creative solutions to the project's program requirements; aesthetic and visual impact of the project; and use of innovative design and construction methods.
About Guardian Industries Corp.:
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass, fabricated glass products, fiberglass insulation and other building materials for commercial, residential and automotive applications. Its automotive trim group, SRG Global Inc., is one of the world’s largest suppliers of advanced, high value coatings on plastics. Through its Science & Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation including development of high performance glass coatings and other advanced products. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 18,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Visit www.guardian.com.
SunGuard and SuperNeutral are registered trademarks of Guardian Industries Corp.