This two-day international conference addresses the challenging and rapidly evolving domain of structural glass. The conference will be held 18-19 April 2013 in Poreč, Croatia.
The main theme of the conference is structural glass, which embodies the application of glass as a structural material in architectural and civil applications. Within this main theme, several subthemes are defined, which are listed below:
- Thermal fracture of glass Insulating glass units
- Actions on glass structures
- Thermal tempering of glass
- Glass strength and aging of glass
- Laminated glass & Interlayer properties
- Numerical modeling & experimental validation
- Structural glass design philosophy
- Glass failure analysis
- Structural glass connections
- Architectural geometries with glass
- Stability of glass components
- Hybrid glass components
Read more here.
Welcome to the web portal for The European Research Network on Structural Glass. The research network (COST Action TU0905) was launched in Brussels on the 7th and 8th of April 2010 with aim of unifying ongoing research activities within the European research community and fostering new international research and development collaborations. The network is funded through the Intergovernmental Framework for European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST).