Slump glass

I work for a scenery and props place and I am looking for a company to do some slump formed glass for some podiums we are making.The base of the podium will be made from aluminum, but there will be a glass panel wrapping around it. The dimensions will all be a little different in size (range approx 15" to 28" wide and 32" tall from the front view), radius of the bend is 3". It is a fairly drastic bend and a rather large piece of glass. Does anyone have any suggestions on who can make this piece of glass for us???
Thank you,
Erica Shearer
Acme Scenic and Display

Guest User
Wed, 19/07/2006 - 22:49

These co's are in the So. Cal. area.
Glasswerks 1-800-350-4527, Glasspro 800-776-2368, Cal glass bending 1-310-549-5255 HTH

Guest User
Mon, 24/07/2006 - 14:44

Well, this will make twice in one day that I (a glass person) have recommended plastic.

Have you considered slumping a thick sheet of acrylic or polycarbonate plastic instead? Unless you scuff the surface excessively, it should be less fragile, lighter, strong enough, and much less expensive. It should look the same.


Lothar Wilkens
Mon, 24/07/2006 - 23:37

Hi Erica,
we have supplied slumping kilns to two companies in the USA, which I am sure can assit you in the quest for these panels.
UROGLASS - 816 283 3876
Solar Seal - 1800 225 0430

if all fails, get in touch with all technical details and I will have an alternative to send these panels from Australia.


Lothar Wilkens
Mon, 24/07/2006 - 23:39

Sorry I am not anonymous. Look up

I have read and I agree to's Terms of Use, including Privacy Policy and Cookie Use.