Shattered Toughened

I am currently doing research on glass and have seen the toughened laminated table tops with the middle layer shattered. I was wondering if anybody has experience of making one of these as I propose to manufacture some as test pieces.


Guest User
Tue, 01/08/2006 - 14:30

simply process of laminating 3 panes of glass together then blowing up the middle pane its called crackle glaze.

Guest User
Wed, 02/08/2006 - 05:08

The nicest effect is obtained by using a 6mm body tinted glass (bronze or grey) as the middle layer. The top and bottom layers are clear 4mm glass and the bottom layer can have a small hole drilled in the middle for a centre punch.
All pieces are toughened and then laminated. Then the middle piece is broken with the centre punch through the hole. Used as a table top with a lamp on the table is particularly effective.

I have read and I agree to's Terms of Use, including Privacy Policy and Cookie Use.