How can I source a frameless glass extension?

My partner and I are currently renovating an old building, where a run-down conservatory currently joins the main house to the outbuildings. We'd like to replace this with a frameless glass structure. As there's a brick back wall which joins the two buildings, we only need glass for a roof opening of 4m x 2m, and a front opening of 2m x 2m. I'm having trouble finding a company for this at a resonable price. So far I have contacted GlasSpace. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Guest User
Thu, 01/03/2007 - 12:27

Hi Sarah,

My wife and I are in almost exactly the same spot as you and we've have contacted GlasSpace as well. Have you managed to find anybody else yet?

The only thing I can find through google are high-end architects or companies that specially in those cheesy PVC, heavy frame glass extensions.

If GlassSpace is the only one of its kind, it doesn't bode well for their prices, does it?

Guest User
Wed, 07/03/2007 - 05:54

Hi !
Do you have drawing or steckh for what you are looking for !
After going thru your drawing we can suggestyou the fitting and the cost for same.


Guest User
Thu, 08/03/2007 - 20:55

You should try Firman Glass in London go onto their website

Guest User
Thu, 01/11/2007 - 10:33

I have only just discovered this forum. Have you had any success with scourcing a frameless glass extension?

david hingamp
Tue, 22/01/2008 - 20:32

I have my own expertise in frameless projects with my own builder to cut down costs.
Let me know what you need, I will sketch something and we'll go from there.
David Hingamp - London

Louise Hancock
Tue, 15/04/2008 - 15:13


Have you tried Glass Curtains as I think this may be what you are looking for. They are based in the UK and Spain and do a frameless window system.
Not sure if they are on the web just under glass curtains or glass curtains UK?


Guest User
Wed, 25/11/2009 - 09:11

Hi Sarah,

I think Trombe is the company you are looking for. They are a fantastic company that can specifically achieve what you want.

Check out their website to view their amazing structures,

Guest User
Sat, 03/04/2010 - 20:55

Hi theres a new product called glass curtains in the uk try them spinnaker glazing solutions ltd. might be what you looking for .

Guest User
Wed, 05/05/2010 - 16:16

Try out A Touch of Glass-Design and Build my friend used them and they are very good, very contemporary glass extensions and other types of glass structures

Guest User
Wed, 05/05/2010 - 16:32

This is a better link

I have read and I agree to's Terms of Use, including Privacy Policy and Cookie Use.