Door Glass

I am interested in finding the name and availability of a certain glass used primarily in front doors. It was commonly used in the 50s and 60s and resembled a look of wine bottle bottoms...sort of a Fish Eye appearance.


Guest User
Fri, 22/01/2010 - 07:00

The original version of this glass (hundreds of years ago) is that they were bullions which were the center section of plate glass which was spun out from a glob of glass. In the 50s and 60s many people found them attractive for use in doors, but due to the lack of availability they were artificially produced by slumping small squares of glass into a mold to look similar to a bullion. A real bullion actually has a thicker section of glass in the middle. If you want them these days I would sugest that you approach a glass artist working with a small kiln and ask them to make you some from 4mm or 6mm glass.

Guest User
Fri, 22/01/2010 - 07:11

See the link for more information:

I have read and I agree to's Terms of Use, including Privacy Policy and Cookie Use.