The Truseal Certification Testing Guarantee – the first of its kind in the window industry – covers IG units produced with Truseal’s Dura Platform warm edge spacers, including Duraseal™ and Duralite®, which offers the lowest U-value rating compared to other spacers.
Forthcoming changes to the Energy Star program will require window producers participating in the program to certify their IG manufacturing processes. Certification may take up to six months to complete. Therefore, IG producers need to have a high level of confidence that their spacer system of choice will pass testing. The Truseal Certification Testing Guarantee provides a risk-free way to proceed with testing.
“There is a lot of misinformation regarding the difficulty and uncertainty of passing certification testing. Truseal’s IG certification test guarantee takes the guesswork out of the process. If a unit featuring our products fails, we’ll pay for the testing,” says Ric Jackson, director of marketing and business development, Truseal Technologies.
Truseal’s Dura Platform spacers only require a single seal to achieve the required durability and stability to pass certification testing. Single seal systems can reduce manufacturing time and cost. As evidence regarding the durability and certification potential of single seal spacer systems, Jackson notes the following:
- Of the 95 current certified warm edge spacer listings in the Insulating Glass Certification Council (IGCC) 2008 directory of qualified products, more than 70 percent feature single seal spacer systems.
- More than 72 percent of all windows sold in the United States feature single seal warm edge spacers.
- Dura Platform IG units have passed three consecutive cycles of the same certification set through ASTM 2190 testing without failures.
- Since their introduction in 2001, Dura Platform spacers have more than 68 ASTM Certification set passes and more than 23 International Certification Set passes in Canada and Europe.
Truseal Dura Platform spacers are certified in more than 65 countries worldwide, successfully passing some of the most rigorous programs, and Truseal is the only spacer system company to offer an IG warranty to its customers.
“Enermodal and other third party U-value tests show that Duralite is the most thermally efficient spacer on the market,” says Jackson. “Producers using Dura Platform spacers can be confident they have the market leading IG technology to qualify under the upcoming phase 1 Energy Star requirements. Now they have a risk-free way to undergo certification testing.”
About Truseal Technologies, Inc.
Truseal Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Solon, Ohio, and part of the Quanex Building Products Corporation, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of insulating glass products and systems. Truseal produces superior IG warm edge spacer systems with consistent after-sales service and a warranty program for qualified window fabricators. In addition, with a wide variety of equipment platforms, Truseal provides customers with value and efficiency in their window fabrication operations. Truseal’s trademarks include: Duraseal™ and Duralite®, both part of the company’s Dura Platform; Envirosealed Windows™, which feature Dura Platform spacers to insulate homes and reduce energy consumption; and Decoseal™, a spacer system designed for use in decorative windows with multiple air spaces. For more information, visit www.Truseal.com.
* The Truseal Certification Testing Guarantee is subject to certain limitations, and is only applicable for customers that meet the terms and conditions of the Truseal Flexible Spacer Guarantee & Testing Reimbursement Agreement.
Pat Kreider, Truseal Technologies, Inc.