What all began with approval for the practice of the skilled trade of glass-grinding in Reilingen in 1948, developed into a flourishing company which today has over 75 employees.
Following its foundation as "Glasschleiferei und Blankschleiferei”, Andreas Herzog Sen. invested rapidly and with an entrepreneurial vision: in 1952 the business was relocated in Kirrlach and in the following years extended to include a glass-bending shop for furniture glass, a glass wholesale trade as well as a mirror production plant. As early as 1962, a further line of business was added with the start of insulating glass production. Thus Glas Herzog developed from what was initially a skilled trade operation into a manufacturing company that steadily grew.
SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
Viktoriaallee 3-5 • D-52066 Aachen
Tel. +49 (0)2 41 / 5 16-28 74 • Fax +49 (0)2 41 / 5 16-22 24
Press Contact: Janina Rudnizki
Janina.Rudnizki@saint-gobain.com • www.saint-gobain-glass.com