Continued growth in emerging markets and fast growing industries contributed to sustained profitability in 2009.
Notwithstanding a difficult economic environment, Bekaert succeeded in raising EBIT and EBITDA margins to record levels.
Fast and effective implementation of inventory restriction and cost saving measures led to a substantial reduction of working capital and net debt, so that Bekaert's strong balance sheet was even further improved.
- EBITDA margin on sales of 15.8% compared with 15.5%
- EBIT of € 232 million compared with € 210 million (+10%)
- EBIT margin on sales of 9.5% compared with 7.9%
- Net debt reduction of 37% to € 395 million
- Gearing of 28.8%
- EPS: € 7.69 compared with € 8.83
- Consolidated sales of € 2.44 billion and combined sales of € 3.34 billion
- Dividend increase of 5% to € 2.94 compared with € 2.80
Read more here.