In addition, AAMA is again offering an incentive program to encourage members to recruit new manufacturers to the association.
2013 Membership Renewal
The 2013 Corporate Membership renewal process is in the form of an online survey which is pre-populated with company membership information from 2012. Included within the online renewal will be the responses from last year’s Number of Employees in Member Companies survey. Please be sure to update these responses with your company’s 2012 information.
Initial notice of renewal was emailed to the main contact of each member company on November 12. These completed online renewal forms should be submitted no later than January 1, 2013. After renewal forms are submitted, company membership records will be updated and a dues invoice will be emailed to the main contact. Please be sure that your company is current in all payments due to AAMA to avoid any delays in renewing your membership.
AAMA offers a wide range of programs, services and benefits and is continually expanding these benefits and the resources made available to members. All AAMA members receive benefits which include discounts on AAMA publications and meeting registration fees. For Category 2 and 3 members, upgrading to a Category 1 membership will give you voting rights, which will allow your company to be part of the decision making processes that affect the fenestration industry. As a Category 1 member, you will receive additional benefits of discounts on GlassBuild America exhibitor fees and, as applicable, AAMA certification-related program fees. Renewing your membership on time will allow your company to receive these benefits and to maintain its membership tenure and its listing on the AAMA website for continued customer referrals.
In 2012, your membership enabled AAMA to lead efforts to address the technical and marketing needs of fenestration product manufacturers and suppliers and to work to improve product, material and component performance standards for the fenestration industry, as well as address regulatory issues that affect our membership.
Specifically this year, AAMA has accomplished the following:
- Achieved a successful outcome on many fronts within the code arena
- Provided valuable feedback on ENERGY STAR® criteria
- Established a social media presence to foster professional relationships
- Provided Category 1 and 2 members with quarterly updates to the U.S. Industry Statistical Review and Forecast at no cost
For 2013, your membership will enable AAMA to accomplish the following:
- Host regularly scheduled webinars to address industry issues
- Continue research to review the effect of heat/cold/accelerated weathering shrinkage issues associated with weatherstrip/seals
- Complete the full launch of the FenestrationMasters™ online education and professional certification coursework and certification exam
- Continue work on Group B proposals for the 2015 International Residential Code (IRC) and International Energy Conservation Code® (IECC)
Member Recruitment Incentive Program
The Member Recruitment Incentive Program, new last year, is a program intended to promote recruitment within AAMA’s membership. Members who aid in the successful recruitment of a Category 1 manufacturer will receive a complimentary registration for one national conference. If there is more than one individual that the new member has indicated as a referral, the award will be equally divided between individuals.
If you have any questions about the membership renewal process or the Member Recruitment Incentive Program, please contact Jacqueline Luna, AAMA’s Membership Coordinator.