After months of regional and divisional competitions, these top 12 out of 3,375 technicians will gather in New Orleans to compete for a $10,000 prize and a chance to represent Safelite AutoGlass® in the international Best of Belron® Competition, a bi-annual tournament hosted by Safelite's parent company, which includes champions from each of its 32 represented countries.
The competition is not about speed; rather it focuses on quality, technical expertise, and superior customer interaction. Eligibility requirements are rigid, and each technician who qualifies is measured against hundreds of criteria that are crucial to performing an industry-leading vehicle glass repair and replacement. All Safelite® technicians must pass the SafeTech® certification, demonstrating they follow these company's standards.
Safelite's annual competition also includes a competition to honor its best-performing customer service representatives (CSRs) for a $2,500 cash prize.
The national event, Safelite's Best of Belron Competition, will take place in New Orleans at the River City Ballroom, within Mardi Gras World on February 8, between 8:00am to 5:00pm.
"Our people have a true commitment to their chosen careers and illustrate a passion for peak performance. This is a unique opportunity for them to showcase their skills on a broader level, outside of the day-to-day job," said Tom Feeney, president and CEO of Safelite AutoGlass®. "Safelite's Best of Belron® Competition also is a fun, motivational way to demonstrate what a quality windshield replacement means to customers and what quality employees mean to us as a business. We're nothing without our dedicated people."
The 12 technician competitors are:
- Pascal Barone, New Orleans, La.
- Aaron Bowden, San Francisco, Calif.
- Brad Dedmon, Bakersfield, Calif.
- Todd Dull, Ft. Collins, Colo.
- Adam Guetzkow, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Josh Henry, Hudson, N.Y.
- Bob Hostas, Cleveland, Ohio
- Jason Mayfield, Cheyenne, Wyo.
- Jade Martin, Charlotte, N.C.
- Brandon Rene, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Gary Riebesehl, Orlando, Fla.
- Mike Stakes, Phoenix, Ariz.
The CSR finalists are:
- Aaron Alexander, Columbus, Ohio
- Yabrae Buggs, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Thomas Haas, Columbus, Ohio
- Phyllis Holderness, Columbus, Ohio
- Mandy Kerley, St. Louis, Minn.
- Angie Miller, Columbus, Ohio
- Wendy Powers, Columbus, Ohio
- Christina Trueba, Columbia, S.C.
- Lana Whittridge, Columbus, Ohio
To learn more about Safelite's Best of Belron, visit http://safelitebestofbelron.wordpress.com and follow the Facebook page.
About Safelite AutoGlass®
Safelite AutoGlass®, founded in 1947, is the nation's leading provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services, providing mobile service to more than 95 percent of the U.S. population in all 50 states. The Columbus, Ohio-based company employs nearly 10,000 people across the United States and served 4 million customers last year. For more information, visit www.safelite.com.