The result is a new class of high-performance residential and commercial insulation made with natural(1) materials and a minimum of 30 percent post-consumer recycled content and 50 percent total recycled content – the highest certified percentage in the fiberglass insulation industry(2) EcoTouch insulation also has achieved GREENGUARD Children & Schools(SM) Certification and is verified to be formaldehyde free, meeting stringent certification standards for indoor air quality.
“We are delighted to introduce EcoTouch PINK FIBERGLAS Insulation, made with PureFiber Technology, to the industry,” said Chuck Dana, group president of building materials for Owens Corning. “Our customers – and their customers – are increasingly interested in sustainable building solutions. This newest innovation reflects our relentless pursuit of the most environmentally sustainable and efficient ways to insulate homes and buildings.”
“Our new EcoTouch insulation products will help builders and contractors ensure that families enjoy more energy-efficient and comfortable homes, while providing the same thermal performance they have come to rely on in Owens Corning products,” Dana said.
The sustainable features of the new EcoTouch insulation products also provide homeowners with more opportunities to protect the environment:
* Manufactured with a minimum of 30 percent post-consumer recycled content and 50 percent total recycled content – the highest certified percentage in the fiberglass insulation industry – EcoTouch insulation products will help homeowners participate in glass recycling efforts, keeping waste out of landfills and turning it into usable products.
* EcoTouch insulation products are made with PureFiber Technology, with natural materials and a formaldehyde-free formulation.
* Every pound of glass fiber thermal insulation annually saves 12 times more energy than was originally used to produce it. * Building with EcoTouch insulation will help new homes achieve energy-efficiency and green building certifications including: the Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR®; the National Association of Home Builders’ National Green Building Standard; and the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
“EcoTouch products are a true representation of the Owens Corning brand and what we stand for – sustainability, innovation, quality and comfort,” said Tom Quigley, Owens Corning’s vice president and general manager of Residential Insulation. “It strikes an essential balance of environmental responsibility and exceptional performance on the job, which helps our customers be more successful. In fact, two-thirds of professional installers prefer EcoTouch insulation over the competition(3) for its speed of installation, ease of cutting, and product recovery, stiffness, strength and softness.”
The benefits of using EcoTouch PINK FIBERGLAS Insulation with PureFiber Technology also include:
* Fast and easier handling and installation, with less dust than other fiberglass insulation products.(3)
* Excellent stiffness and recovery characteristics.
* Additionally, it can easily be installed to insulate odd shaped cavities and small spaces.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (OC: 31.96 +0.01 +0.03%) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune 500 Company for 56 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability through delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $4.8 billion in 2009 and about 16,000 employees in 28 countries on five continents. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com.
Media Contacts: Katie Feltz, MSL Chicago (312) 861-5256 firstname.lastname@example.org Janet Galecki, Owens Corning (419) 248-7254 email@example.com