New Energy Technologies continues this trend with the advent of their new product, the SolarWindow. The new windows will be the first see-through windows that can also generate electricity through a specially designed spray put on the window.
They are developing six different types of SolarWindows for different situations:
- Commercial- A flat glass window for installation in commercial buildings
- Structural Glass- Structural glass walls and curtains for tall structures
- Architectural Glass- Textured and decorative interior glass walls, room dividers, etc.
- Residential- Window glass for installation in residential homes
- Flex- Flexible films that can be applied to existing windows
- BIPV- Building product components associated with building-integrated-photovoltaic(BIPV) applications in homes, buildings, and office towers.