Dow’s stand – Hall A4, Stand B2 – will showcase several of Dow’s PV materials, including:
• ADCOTE Solvent-Based Lamination Adhesives featuring high thermal and chemical resistance, hydrolytic stability for panel durability and long service life. These products form strong bonds on diverse films such as PVF, PVDF and PET.
• DOWTHERM Heat Transfer Fluids for collecting, transporting and storing the solar-generated heat with required high-temperature stability. Used in the PV polysilicon purification process, as well as concentrated solar power, these fluids are suited for high- and low-temperature environments and provide outstanding thermo-stability.
• Coolants and cutting fluids for the specialized slicing of silicon wafers for both loose abrasive and fixed abrasive technologies. Next-generation ENLIGHTTM water-based coolants being highlighted at PVSEC will offer a good environmental profile, easy cleaning, low friction and cost savings for ingot cutting with diamond wire.
• ENLIGHT metallization, imaging, texturizing and cleaning materials enable improvements in solar cell efficiency, and lower solar cell manufacturing costs.
• ENLIGHT Polyolefin Encapsulant Films are used in the protective layer of rigid modules that use crystalline silicon, thin-film technologies, as well as many flexible PV module configurations. The processing and performance advantages of these films can reduce cycle times up to 30 percent, while also extending module reliability and service life in both small and large scale residential, commercial and utility installations. These films offer greater module stability and improved electrical performance over more traditional encapsulants, such as ethylene vinyl acetate-based products.
• MOR-FREE Solventless Adhesives offer demonstrated laminating capabilities; strong bonds on newer backsheet materials; and high thermal, hydrolysis and chemical resistance to boost panel durability and service life.
The Company is planning additional announcements in conjunction with PVSEC. Click here for more information about Dow’s presence at PVSEC.