According to Ray Thompson, historian of Asbury United Methodist Church, a panel installed in the interior of the church,in about 1963 is special because it honors a railroad company.
Fluorescent lights bring the colors and window to life as the panel is installed in an interior wall. At the base is the notation, "In recognition of services rendered."
Those "services" were the generous free shipping by the New York, Philadelphia and Norfolk Rail Road, and the Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Rail Road, of tons of granite blocks from Port Deposit, Md., to Salisbury. That granite was used to build Asbury Methodist Church in the heart of the city, near the courthouse, in 1887.