Production Supervisor II at Vitro (Crestline, OH, US)
Welcome to VITRO!
Production Supervisors, are you looking for an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to an industry-leading corporation? Join us at Vitro! We are a leader in the design, production, and distribution of glass markets worldwide . Through the Container, Flat Glass, and Automotive business units, Vitro products reach more than 40 countries, with operating and marketing facilities in eight countries on the American continent.
As a result of our extended growth, we are seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team! In this position you will play a key role directing manufacturing operations for a designated area of the plant. If you would like to join us, and if you meet our requirements, we definitely want to hear from you. Contact us today!
Key Roles And Responsibilities:
- Allocating people and material resources to support production operations.
- Supervising of production and/or maintenance employees to facilitate the maximum utilization of equipment and workforce to meet production requirements.
- Ensuring the safety of employees and maintaining up to date knowledge of safety and environmental and health standards and procedures.
- Optimization of the flow of raw glass for cutting, edging, and drilling.
- Storage and Transportation of cut-not-tempered parts.
- Screening, forming and tempering as well as the inspection and packing of finished parts.
- Supporting policies and procedures and implementing corrective actions from audits conducted to help maintain certificate status and comply with good business practices.
- Evaluating associates and identifying areas requiring additional training.
We are looking for a strong people leader who combines solid manufacturing knowledge, team building skills and the ability to assess priorities and act decisively within a fast-paced, demanding environment. It is also important that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent; a degree is preferred
- Candidates with maintenance experience or past military leadership desirable
- Understanding of glass fabricating technology is an asset
- Schedule flexibility; must be willing to work 12-hour shift rotation, nights, and weekends
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Team building skills are essential to coach and develop associates
- Verbal and written communication skills
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Industry: Construction, Automotive, Mechanical Or Industrial Engineering
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing