OAG will design and install two structurally glazed facades to the reception area of Tower One building. The work will also include the installation of two revolving doors and other entrances.
Scope of works
As of early April 2012 the Estates Division will commence works on site for the refurbishment of the existing reception areas to Towers 1 & 2. The works are being implemented to substantially enhance the quality of and accessibility to the reception areas of the Tower 1 & 2 buildings. The new reception will be an enlarged reception space which joins the two existing separate entrances in to one new joint reception area. The new joint reception will be achieved by removing the rather unsightly existing loading bay and existing reception £5m refurbishment to the teaching and office space within Tower 1.
The new enhanced reception area will incorporate.
- Enhanced access into the new joint reception area to better facilitate the numbers of students, staff and visitors requiring access to Towers 1 & 2 on a daily and hourly cycle.
- Improved security and access control to the buildings through the installation of turnstile barriers and a manned security reception desk.
- Glazed one-to-one meeting room facilities for use by the building occupants.
- Disabled toilet facilities.
- Dynamic and interactive advertising and display areas for use by the building occupants to promote information about their departments to the school and the public.
- A fully glazed and clad frontage to the new reception area to open the new reception area up to better levels of natural day lighting.
- A new internal café.
- Public realm improvements to Clements Inn Passage including a new road surface, lighting and seating areas.
- Upgraded disabled access including a new disabled platform lift.