Headquartered in Belgium (Deinze), Bekaert has an in-house professional R&D center, manufacturing facilities in Belgium and the USA, and sales and customer service facilities throughout Asia (Japan, Korea and China) and the USA.
The continuous development and innovation (including recently introduced ACV3 new generation end blocks and new rotatable high-density Sn sputter targets) and an ongoing commitment to using the highest-quality materials make Bekaert the ideal partner for current and future needs for large area coating customers. Bekaert received ISO9001:2000 accreditation (in Belgium and USA).
- Largest supplier of one-stop custom-made rotatable magnetron solutions
- Proven experience and application know-how in rotatable magnetron technology and thermal sprayed sputter target materials
- Customer oriented sales teams supported by state-of-the art R&D and engineering
- Architectural / automotive glass: easy and self cleaning coatings, low-E and solar control films, smart coatings, anti-reflective coatings, etc.
- Display glass: electrically conductive coatings
- Photovoltaic glass
Rotatable magnetrons solutions
Bekaert’s rotatable magnetrons include all components needed for the coating process (end blocks, magnet bars, anodes, PLC control, electronics, sputter targets etc.) and can be integrated into existing or new glass coating equipment.
Advantages of rotatable magnetron technology are:
- Larger material inventory and higher utilization degree
- Improved target cooling
- Improved behavior in reactive processes
Rotatable sputter targets
Bekaert offers a wide range of sputter target materials (new materials are Chrome, Molybdenum, Pure Silicon, High-Density Tin). Bekaert applies thermal spraying as preferred technology to produce sputter target materials. Advantages of thermal spraying:
- Nearly all materials can be sprayed
- Doped materials can be produced in (non) stochiometric concentrations without phase diagram constraints
- Great flexibility: variable micro structure & properties, long-life dog bone shaped targets can be sprayed, standard & non-standard lengths / designs can be sprayed For mid-sized applications (such as display or web coating and vertical coaters), the cantilevered magnetron is an ideal alternative.
Functions are supplied from a single feed-through, providing great flexibility in the mounting of the magnetron.
Products and Services
- Rotatable magnetron solutions
- Rotatable sputter targets
- Sputter electronics (including power supplies, arc suppressors, electronic switchers, MF Inverters, etc.)
- Sputter mechanics (end blocks & magnet bars)
- Cantilevered magnetrons